All participants of the German 24h Hydrogen Rally 2020 have been finished! They have had a very nice experience!
The winner is…
The aim of the 24h Hydrogen Rally is to show the world the possibilities of driving on hydrogen. All participants are ambassadors now.
But the Hydrogen Rally is also a strategic game and in the end there’s one winner.
Points German 24 hour Hydrogen Rally 2020
|Dedicated Fuel Cell Drivers||13||1894||8369|
|Weiter mit Wasserstoff||14||1834||6114|
|ConFueled Cell Drivers||11||1275||5700|
|H2allo Swagelok Stuttgart||20||1684||5359|
|NOW or Never||13||1529||4982|
|Team Impact Coatings||4||1340||4525|
|Starship H2 Enterprise||7||505||2880|
|H2allo Swagelok Austria||7||1012||2767|
|H2allo Swagelok Switzerland||6||568||1730|
|Hy-Speed Team *||11||1612||-1018|
* Hy-Speed Team ended in minus points for being late (100 penalty points per minute). That’s a pity as they were doing great. But being back in time is an important factor in this game.
Congrats to all participants!
Thank you for your enthousiastic participating. Hope to see you next year. Stay safe!
#1 Dedicated Fuel Cell Drivers – Mercedes GLC F-Cell
#2 Weiter mit Wasserstoff – Toyota Mirai
#3 Confueled Cell Drivers – Mercedes GLC F-Cell
- 4 different nationalities of participants
- 12 years – oldest participating car (Mercedes B-Klasse F-Cell)
- 17 teams
- 24 hours
- 172 refueling stops (average 10 refuelings/team)
- 541 claims for points
- 1982 km – longest distance (team The Hydrogeneers)
- 23830 driven kilometers (average 1.401 km/team)
- 73760 points
- uncountable number of views on social media
We are living in special times… Friday 25 september we received the news that 3 areas in Austria were risk areas according to the Robert Koch Institut. That had big impact for the Austrian team: they weren’t allowed to start in Germany. So we created the first Austrian 24h Hydrogren Rally: Team H2allo Swagelok Austria started in Bregenz – Austria (at the Bodensee with view on Konstanz (Germany). They finished at the Hofburg in Vienna.
Via Teams they could participate in the briefing in Konstanz and the award ceremony at the Wagenhallen in Stuttgart.
Briefly: teams can earn points for driven kilometers, refuelings, visited countries and completed tasks on specific locations (Classic Challenge). Further they can earn points for the best blog, best photo and best video (Creative Challenge).
See also: First impressions